29-03-2013Door Ruud van Falier
Here is yet another addition to our ever growing arsenal of Sitecore modules! As with all our modules, I wrote it because I ran into a shortcoming of the Content Editor while working on our own website: All our pages have a few inherited fields that are used to store Meta Data content such as the Browser Title and Meta Description fields, for example. The length of the values of those fields should be kept within a certain limit for SEO purposes. Google will only display the first 69 characters of the browser title and no more than 156 characters of the meta description.
28-03-2013Door Ruud van Falier
I created a very simple module that adds a command to the Content Editor that allows the user to open any item from the content tree in a new browser window (or tab).
22-03-2013Door Ruud van Falier
While developing a new site, I ran into some performance issues. I figured that it was probably caused by one of the pipeline processors, but had no idea which one it could be. In order to figure out how long each pipeline is taking to process, I created a simple performance monitoring system.
07-03-2013Door Ruud van Falier
Yesterday I tweeted a screenshot showing the Page Editor embedded in the Content Editor. I was going to share this solution after I was done building our new website (which this script is part of), but the response has been so positive that I figured I have to share this right away.
03-03-2013Door Ruud van Falier
Someone on StackOverflow asked if it is possible to display some kind of indication showing whether or not an item has been published. This is not possible by default, but I decided to quickly throw some code together and created a GutterRenderer for this.